Who are we?
When we say 'we' or 'us' in this policy, we are generally referring to the separate and distinct legal entities that make up the Jemca Car Group, these include:
- Toyota Tsusho Automobile London Holdings Limited (registered office: The Hyde, Edgware Road, London, NW9 6BH), Company number 04843255, ICO Registration number: Z7467719
- Jemca Car Group Limited (registered office: The Hyde, Edgware Road, London, NW9 6BH), Company number 01462441, ICO Registration number: Z4812637
What sort of information do we hold?
We collect the following personal information about you when you talk to us on the phone or in our dealerships, including recorded calls.
- Information that you provide to us when enquiring or taking out the services that we provide to you such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, bank account, payment card details and current vehicle details
- Information from other sources such as our partners (like Toyota (GB) PLC, Autotrader, Rapid response), specialist companies that provide customer information (like credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies)
- Information about your vehicle (including your Vehicle Identification Number ("VIN"), vehicle registration number, model, age and mileage)
- CCTV images from our showroom forecourts
- Information you provide when visiting us (names, company and vehicle registration)
- Information you provide when using our free Wi-Fi when visiting us (email address, social media)
How we will use your personal information
There are different lawful grounds that we rely on to use your personal information and we will collect and use your personal information in the following situations:
|What we use your personal information for||Lawful basis|
To provide you with a service plan or contract that you are a party to, or to take steps that you request before entering into a contract.
To take payment from you, process a part exchange on your current vehicle, take out finance on the purchase of a new or used vehicle.
To keep you informed of our services and offers including MOT and service reminders, warranty expiry, new services and offers
To improve how our customers use our products and services
Recording telephone calls for the purpose of quality and training
CCTV for the purpose of crime prevention and employee safety
To provide visitors free WI-FI at our showrooms
Our Existing Customers continue under Legitimate Interest until consent can be obtained
To comply with a Legal and Regulatory obligation to which we are subject
Share any personal information we hold about you, including your contact details, your vehicle identification number (VIN), registration number, order information and purchasing history, mobility information and service information), with Toyota (GB) Plc (“Toyota (GB)”)
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you, or we can be prevented from complying with our legal obligations. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Sharing your data
We work with partners, suppliers, insurers and agencies so they can process your personal information on our behalf, but only where they meet our standards on the processing of data and security! We only share information that allows them to provide their services to us or to facilitate them providing their services to you.
- companies or other organisations that we have engaged to provide services on our behalf such as car valuation services, finance providers and information technology providers
- companies or other organisations where you have asked us to or agreed that we can share your personal information with them
- professional advisors
- companies or other organisations that provide vehicle health checks
- companies or organisations that provide vehicle service plans
- companies or organisations that provide security monitoring of showroom forecourts
- any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights, the rights of any third party or individuals' personal safety, or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or safety issues; or
- any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your personal information uses it in a manner that is consistent with this Policy
Transferring your personal information internationally
Your personal information will be treated in accordance with UK law concerning data protection and may be transferred within the European Economic Area ("EEA"), as well as to countries outside the EEA. When we transfer your personal information outside the EEA we will put in place appropriate safeguards in accordance with our legal obligations to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected irrespective of the country to which it is transferred.
Keeping you informed about our products and services
We would like to tell you about the great offers, ideas, products and services of the Jemca Car Group from time to time that we think you might be interested in. Where you have consented to us doing so, we will do this through the post, by email, text message, online, using social media, we won't send you marketing messages if you tell us not to, but we will still need to send you occasional Business related messages. You can opt-out of such communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within emails.
If you wish to amend your marketing preferences, you can do so by contacting us on the contact details below.
We will ensure that appropriate technical and organisational security measures are taken to protect your personal information from misuse, destruction and accidental loss or disclosure. If we engage an external party to provide us with services that involve the processing of your data, we will make sure that they have appropriate security measures in place and only process your information in the way that we have authorised them to.
How long we keep your data
We will retain your personal data for as long as it necessary for the purpose of our relationship or until you object to us processing it or withdraw your consent.
Lodging a complaint in the EU
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Links to third party websites
Individuals whose personal data we hold, and process have the following rights:
- You have the right of access to your personal data and can request copies of it and information about our processing of it.
- If the personal data we hold about you in incorrect or incomplete, you can ask us to rectify or add to it.
- Where we are using your personal data with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- In some circumstances, you can restrict our processing of your data, request a machine-readable copy of your personal data to transfer to another service provider and compel us to erase your personal data
If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us at email@example.com. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
How to contact us
You can contact Jemca in relation to data protection and this privacy notice by writing to Data Protection, Jemca Car Group, The Hyde, Edgware Road, London, NW9 6BH, United Kingdom. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this privacy notice
Terms & Conditions
Gender Pay Gap Report available to read here